Samih is a Consultant Urological Surgeon at Cambridge University Teaching Hospitals (Addenbrooke), United Kingdom. He has special expertise in Endo and mini-invasive Urology in addition to his skills in managing all aspects of general urological conditions.
Samih has been trained at St Georges’ Hospital Medical School in London. He was awarded an MD degree from for his research at Bristol Urological Institute. After completing his higher urological training program in the UK, he was appointed as a clinical instructor in Urology during his fellowship in the USA. During a busy year at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Centre, Cleveland Clinic and the Arthur Smith Institute of Urology in New York, he developed special expertise in all aspects of Endourology.
Being organized and a team player led Samih to take on several management and leadership roles:
- European Association of Urology section of Urolithiasis (EULIS) Associate Board member
- U-merge (Urology in Emerging Countries) UK official representative
- International Alliance of Urolithiasis (IAU) member of the working groups
- International Young Urologists Association Executive Board member and the UK representative
- Honorary Visiting Senior Lecturer, Anglia Ruskin University, Cambridge
- Associate Lecturer and lead for medical students, Cambridge University
- The local champion of the British Association of Urological Surgeons (BAUS)
- Co-founder and faculty for the Masters in Urology at Anglia Ruskin University
Samih has contributed to literature with a number of book chapters, original articles, abstracts and he acts as a reviewer for medical journals. He is keen to help and collaborate with Urologists across the globe.